SQL Server Newbie
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
The application is unable to start correctly 0xc0000005 after windows update >> Uninstall Microsoft Update
I don't know how this Windows Update got by Microsoft QA but be warned - it has caused issue on 2 of our Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise servers.
I had to uninstall the KB and reboot.
FYI: I didn't do the strikeout steps, and both reboot times were normal and not long
the application is unable to start correctly 0xc0000005 after windows update
1. Disconnect from the internet
2. Open Control Panel
3. Open Program & Features
4. Click "View installed updates" on the left-hand side
5. Find "
Security update for Microsoft Windows (KB2859537)
" under the Microsoft Windows section
6. Uninstall that update and restart you PC (may take a very-VERY long time to configure)
7. Go to Windows Updates and hide (KB2859537)
8. Reconnect to the internet
9. Fix your System Restore feature; You might have to remove a fake C: drive and enable System Restore on the correct Windows drive.
Links to this post